一八九二年一 月，阁约翰牧师委派黄岳霖(若时)先生前往麻坡，并租下沙香街和二马路交界的角头店屋，作为主日崇拜之用途，廖天益牧师协助之。阁牧师也於同年请准柔佛苏 丹亚布峇加殿下拨地供建教堂及学校之用。并获赠惹兰沙礼(Jalan Salleh)地段(即今日活水堂之所在地)和建筑费。逐於翌年(一八九三)年三月四日动工兴建，十二月落成。阁牧师担任摄理牧师，廖天益牧师受聘为首任 教牧(一九二八年三月十四日於该堂按立为牧师)，并取名为星马基督教长老会麻坡惹兰沙礼礼拜堂。
In January 1892, Rev. Cook sent Mr. Huang Yue Lin to Muar; and rented a corner shoplot between Jalan Sayang and Jalan Abdullah, to be used for worship service. He was assisted by Rev. Liau Thian Ek.
In the same year, Rev. Cook requested for a piece of land for church building and school from H. R. H. Sultan Abu Bakar. He was offered the piece of land in Jalan Salleh ( the present site of the Living Water Church ) and the cost of construction. Construction of the church building commenced on 4/3/1893 and was completed in December 1893. Rev. Cook was the first interim moderator and Rev. Liau Thian Ek was appointed the first pastor (He was subsequently appointed as minister of the Living Water Church in 14/3/1928 ). The church was named as the Muar Jalan Salleh Church of the Singapore Malaya Presbyterian Church.
Prev Home Next